Troy Public Library Friends
Quarterly in the Troy Community Library's Reading Room, 6:30PM
Annual Meeting was January 20, 2010 [Election of officers occurs at this meeting.]
Anticipated Meetings: 2nd Monday in: April, June/July, October.
- Built the Bohman Building that contains the Troy Community Library [now owned by the City of Troy];
- Supplementing building maintenance and furnishings;
- Supporting Summer Reading and Youth Programming; Providing supplementary magazine subscriptions;
- Supporting a monthly Book Club that meets to discuss books or hear an author of local interest [currently meets last Wednesday of a month in the Reading Room of the Troy Community Library];
- Supporting the 'Latah County Writes' creative writing workshop program developed by Judy Sobeloff, utilizing our non-profit organization status to channel an Idaho Arts Commission grant;
- Purchasing Library District young reader materials from an estate gift to the Friends of the Troy Library.
The Friends of the Troy Library purchased and sponsored the completion of 'The World's Largest Puzzle' in the Community room of the Troy Library.
Click here to see a picture of the puzzle. Zoom feature allows you to look at the puzzle in detail.
Number of Members
Number of members is not limited. There are no dues. Meeting attendance and interest are all that is required.
Follow us on Facebook. Our handle is "Friends of Troy Community Library."
- Open House at the Library on Troy Days, 3rd Saturday of July;
- On-going Used or Discarded Book Sales [Previous Sales have involved Bookbags, Centennial Coins, and a 'History of Troy.'];
- Providing End-of-Summer-Reading-Party, Prizes and Books.
Continued support of the Troy Community Library Building and its varied Library Programming.
- Fern McLeod, President
- Roberta Rhoades , Vice President
- Judy LaLonde , Secretary
- Leanne Brocke, Treasurer
Board of Directors
- Dorothy and Ellis Anderson
- Josephine Brooks
- Sandy Taylor
- Jean Knierim
- Marilyn Wanner
- Betty Leslie