Test Proctoring -- Latah County Library District
Effective September 2018
Do you need to have an exam proctored? We are able to help, but the library requests your understanding on the following points:
- We will proctor tests for University of Idaho students. Students enrolled with other institutions must be Latah County residents.
- The library does not currently charge students to have an exam proctored. In exchange, we do require a maximum amount of
initiative and flexibility on your part.
scheduling is done via email. No phone calls please!
- If you would like to have an exam proctored at a public library in Bovill, Deary, Genesee, Juliaetta, Potlatch, or Troy, the proctoring
coordinator will put you in contact with the branch manager at your preferred location.
- Proctoring arrangements must be made in advance of each separate exam. We require at least one week’s advance notice when
scheduling an exam. The schedule for exam proctoring at the Moscow Library is only between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
(exams must be completed by 3:00 p.m.) Monday through Thursday on a first-come, first-served basis, or at the proctor’s discretion.
In the event that the proctor is ill or has an emergency at the time of your scheduled exam, you may need to reschedule. It is always
advisable to have an alternate plan in place.
- The library requires that all associated expenses are borne by the school or the student. These include but are not limited to
postage and printing costs. 10¢ will be charged per copy and/or printed sheet.
- You are responsible for contacting the school to have the exam sent, and for following up with the proctor to confirm its
arrival and the exam date(s). The proctor is not responsible for notifying you when an exam arrives. It is your
- The University of Idaho’s Gary Strong Curriculum Center also offers free test proctoring. They are available M-F from 8:30 a.m.-11:30 a.m.
and 1:30 p.m.-4:30 p.m. during the Fall and Spring semesters. Summer hours are by appointment only.
- Also as an alternative to this free proctoring service, you may contact the University of Idaho Counseling and Testing Center at
Your cooperation is appreciated. With your help, we can continue to offer this valuable service.