Talking Book Service
Don't let a physical limitation stop you from reading! Audio books and magazines can be loaned free to any Idaho resident who is unable to read standard print, hold a book, or turn pages due to a temporary or permanent physical limitation.
This free service, brought to you by the Idaho Commission for Libraries, provides the following to registered users:
Books, magazines, and playback equipment
Materials mailed directly to and from the user via Free Matter for the Blind
Toll free number to contact the Talking Book Service
Resources to help select titles of interest
Online catalog for direct ordering
Ability to download digital titles
To be eligible for the Talking Book Service, a person must:
- Be legally blind, with vision in the better eye of 20/200 or less with corrective glasses, or
- Have a visual field no greater than 20 degrees in diameter, or
- Be unable to see well enough or focus long enough to read standard print, even with corrective glasses, or
- Be unable to handle print books or turn pages because of a physical disability, or
- Be certified by a medical doctor as having a reading disability due to an organic dysfunction that is severe enough to prevent reading in the usual manner.
The disability may be permanent or temporary.
Please mail, fax, or deliver your application to the address provided on the form.