1. To get a card, fill out the Self-Registration form from home on our catalog or come to one of our libraries to sign up.
2. Bring in your current photo ID and proof of current, local address or property ownership to any Valnet Library.
3. We accept proof of your current local address in one of the following ways:
- Your driver’s license, government-issued or student ID.
- A piece of mail with your name and address on it that has gone through the mail system.
- A package with your name and address.
- Digital lease agreement, utility bill, student portal entry, etc.
Library Card FAQs
- Parents can get cards for their children as long as the children are present.
- Parents may determine at what age they deem appropriate for their child to get a card.
- The library’s minimum age for a child to get a card is “old enough to come to the library with their parent.”
- Those outside the Valnet service area may use obtain a guest pass for computer use with a photo ID.
- Whitman County residents may obtain a Latah County Library District Basic card.
- To make sure your contact information is up to date
- To help keep our system current and accurate.
- First name, last name, middle name (if given).
- Birthdate and month. Year is only saved if under 18.
- First and last name of guarantor for minors.
- Mailing address (and physical, local address if different).
- Phone number and email are now strongly recommended for library account notifications.
- First and last name
- Birth month
- A wide selection of items in a variety formats are available through the Valnet library consortium
- Digital resources, such as OverDrive and many others
- Use of in-building computers
- Two print-material checkouts
- Digital library resources