The staff of the Latah County Library District and the Friends of the Moscow Public Library love welcoming babies into the world! Together, with partnership at Gritman Family Birth Center we provide Books for Babies packets to new parents & babies in our community.
Each Books for Babies packet contains a small gift of a board book, rhyme booklet and more.
If you are a new parent in Latah County and did not receive a Books for Babies packet from your care provider, please contact the library. We would love to extend this gift to your growing family.
Did you know that it’s not too early to share the love of literacy with your baby? It’s true! Research shows babies whose parents read to them will start Kindergarten better prepared than classmates who had little interaction with books as infants. SING, TALK, READ, WRITE and PLAY with your child everyday! These activities support brain development and strengthen the parent-child bond.
And that’s not all!
To celebrate your early literacy journey the Latah County Library District offers:
- Library cards for all community members – including your babies
- Board books for our littlest patrons – babies
- Picture books to enjoy as a family
- Storytimes and Babytimes
- Summer Reading and Winter Reading Programs for patrons of all ages
- Parenting books, magazines, DVDs and streaming videos
- Programs and books for growing children
For information on this program, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org