The staff of the Latah County Library District and the Friends of the Moscow Library love welcoming babies into the world! We partner with Gritman Family Birth Center to provide Books for Babies packets to new parents & babies in our community. Each Books for Babies gift packet contains a board book, rhyme booklet and more to help parents share the love of reading with their children.
If you are a new birth, adoptive or foster parent in Latah County and did not receive a Books for Babies packet, please contact the library. We would love to extend this gift to your growing family.
It’s never too early to share the love of literacy with your baby! Research shows babies whose parents read to them will start kindergarten better prepared than classmates who had little interaction with books as infants. SING, TALK, READ, WRITE and PLAY with your child everyday! These activities support brain development and strengthen the parent-child bond.
To continue your child’s early literacy journey the Latah County Library District offers:
- Library cards for all community members – including your babies
- Board books for our littlest patrons – babies
- Picture books to enjoy as a family
- Storytimes and Babytimes presented by library staff
- Summer Reading and Winter Reading Programs for all ages
- Parenting books, magazines, DVDs and streaming videos
- Programs and books for growing children
For more information, contact us at email@example.com