1,000 Books Before Kindergarten FAQs
- How do I register my kiddo?Register in person at your local branch of the Latah County Library District or register online on our 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten page!
- How do we track reading?You can log each 100 book progress through a paper book log (available at your local library) or you can log your progress online on our 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten page!
- What are the different milestones?LCLD celebrates each 100 books read with a sweet and simple milestone incentive. Incentives range from bookmarks to puppets and more! To obtain a milestone incentive, you must check-in at your library.
- Can we re-read books?YES! You can read the exact same book 1000 times if it is exciting to your kiddo! Book choices are chosen to caregiver and child, not library staff.
- Is there a minimum age for participation?There is no minimum age!
- Is there a maximum age for participation?This program is ONLY open to kiddos before they enter kindergarten.
- Can I count books we read before we signed up?Nope, books should only be logged AFTER registration. So, parents shouldn’t count books they read before they joined 1000 books before kindergarten.