Get access to even more digital books through IDEA!
Latah County Library patrons now have access to thousands of additional digital books and audiobooks through the Idaho Digital E-Book Alliance (IDEA). IDEA gives patrons access to digital collections from participating libraries across the state of Idaho—meaning more titles for you to check out, and shorter wait times! Here’s how to access these additional resources:
On Your Desktop
- Navigate to our digital collection at valnet.overdrive.com.
- To access any of the other collections in the IDEA consortium, click on “Partner libraries” in the top right corner of the page.
- Click on any library name, then click “Sign In.” When prompted to select your library, select “VALNet” (our consortium), and enter your library card number and last name with the first letter capitalized.
- Currently, each library’s collection needs to be searched separately—though a unified catalog is being developed. You can log in to any of the listed partner libraries through this method to search their collection.
Through the Libby App
- Open the Libby app on your mobile device.
- Tap the icon at the center of the base of the screen – three small lines that look like a beehive.
- Tap on “Add a Library” and type in the name of any partner library that is part of IDEA. IDEA partner libraries:
- Blackfoot Public Library
- Boise Public Library
- Cooperative Information Network
- East Bonner County Library District
- IDEA by ICfL
- Idaho Digital Consortium
- Idaho Falls Public Library
- ID8 (Ideate) Digital Library
- Kuna District Library
- LIBRI System, Inc.
- Meridian Library District
- Once you’ve selected a library, tap “Sign In With My Card” and use your library card number with your last name (first letter capitalized) as your password.
- This library is now added to your Libby app, and you can repeat this process with each of the IDEA partner libraries. Adding each library to your Libby app may take time, but will make it easier to quickly search for books in each library’s collection in the Libby app.
If you are having trouble logging in throughout this process, visit any of our branches or give us a call at 208-882-3925 for assistance.